Mystery Cults and Early Christianity
2:00pm EST Sunday 22 January 2017 at CRS in Manhattan
- What do we know about the mystery cults of the ancient Mediterranean?
- Why did ancient authors call Christianity a mystery cult?
- What features did early Christianity seem to have in common with the mystery cults?
Speaker: Clyde Adams III
Independent researcher; president & director of GnosticNYC
Admission is free.
We invite donations to help pay for the room, but donating is purely voluntary.
RSVP requested and helpful, but not required.
You can RSVP with Facebook, with meetup.com, or by email to email@example.com.
If you can not attend, you might let us know your interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to join our meetup.com group and/or our mailing list.
No cost, low traffic, no spam, and you can quit any time.
Meeting place and rules
We are meeting at the
Center for Remembering and Sharing (CRS)
123 4th Ave 2nd floor (between E 12th & 13th St), New York NY 10003
near Union Square
at 2:00pm EDT Sunday 18 September 2016
We are meeting in the Healing Room on the 2nd floor.
No food or drink is allowed in the room.
If the street door is locked, buzz CRS on the 2nd floor.
Do not come more than 15 minutes early; CRS has very limited space for waiting.
Planned meetings (subject to change)
- Sunday 18 February 2017 at Sony Atrium
- Sunday 18 March 2017 at Sony Atrium
- Lecture Sunday 15 April 2017 at CRS